Friday, February 20, 2009

Wow, has this ever been a tough week! This last weekend was extremely busy for me.
Last Thursday, I spent 5 hour decorating for a Sweetheart's Banquet. On Friday, I had
Homeschool Co-op, then a Snak-n-Yak after Midwinter camp service. Saturday some
dear friends arrived and we all went to a Sweetheart Banquet--which Jonny and I
coordinated. Sunday I play the piano at church, birthday party after a.m. church,
then last service at camp, and friends and fellowship afterwards. Monday I babysat
all day. And guess what happened? I knew I was coming down with a sore throat and my
ear hurt. Well, Monday evening my voice took a trip and left me for several days. I ended
up going to the doctor and got some medicine. I am sure my kids and my hubby loved
my silence!!! As of this evening (Friday p.m.), I just started getting my voice back. Do you
know how difiicult it is to try and communicate with no voice? Screeches and scratches
just don't work!!

In spite of it all, we had an awesome Sweetheart's Banquet. We had 13 couples in our
beautifully decorated fellowship hall. We had lots of laughter and silly times. Plus,
awesome bar-b-que brisket and pulled pork, delicious potatao salad, cole slaw, and
baked beans, rolls, and our choice of several delectable desserts!!! It was also nice
to sit up late at night--after ALL the kids were asleep--chattin' with our special friends
and being crazy. Thank the Lord for special friends who love the Lord and love us for
who we are.

Hopefully, I am on the mend and soon be flapping my jaws again. And then I probably
won't shut up!!

As I told my choir members--I am so glad that JESUS LOVES ME!! No matter what I
do or say or feel, JESUS LOVES ME FOR WHO I AM!!! And Jesus loves you, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment